Use litestep just a little bit? :) Thread last updated on 2003-08-29 02:12:26

Posted by member 59303 on 2003-08-28 19:24:56

Hi, new here, I dont know if this is the right forum part to post in, byt ill try anyway.

I was cheking around to see if I could find a shell that made just a few changes, but leaving explorer as it is, using wXP with a 'standard w2k' theme, but, I would like to modify the colors and the content of my context menu on the desktop, and also I would like to ad mayby a bar to the right of the desktop, like the startmenu, but always in back or how I should say it. I tried using talisman 2.0 for this, it worked, but that program got some serious issues with speed and also I couldent even change border colors on the menus I made. So I turn to litestep, tried a few themes, its really really fast, like now I have changed the menu 'show' speed in windows to 0 using tweakUI, so my menus opens direkt instead of like 0.4 secs delay, very good, talisman lagged behind, but that 'SKYLIGHT' theme i tried to litestep was very fast, good, thats my thing, fast menus :)

Well, to the real deal, can I just change some bits, still using explorer much as it is allready?

picture to show just a little what I mean, new and old.

http://www.home.no/hipshot/menu.gif

See that, just changing colors, also I want to be able to make any kind of submenus, using any images I want and such (using those good .rc config files), still keeping the speed of explorer. Can I use liteS to this, or can litestep only change the whole shell and not part of, or add to explorer?)

Posted by member 36955 on 2003-08-28 22:06:43 link

yes, litestep can be used along with explorer

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-08-29 02:12:26 link

but if want to change the appearance of the menus, i mean explorer's menus, then u have to use a skinning program like stylexp or shellwm...