module development info/links/howtos/whatever Thread last updated on 2003-09-14 02:40:49

Posted by member 56818 on 2003-08-20 13:49:16

just realised that jumping to the module writing bandwagon can be kindy tricky. been searching the forums, the mailing list archives and such, and information is sparse.. is there any alternative to the 'look at existing modules source and learn' alternative? found some links to a tutorial by visigoth somewhere in the past century that covered precisely this matter, but couldn't locate the document itself. on the other hand, the lssdk is somewhat limited..

so, is there any developer's resource i'm missing out? if so, please just point the links.. if not, it would be nice to hear some experience from some veteran module (and core, why not?) coders..

Posted by member 202 on 2003-08-20 17:14:30 link

assuming you haven't hit this one yet, there's a module-creation tutorial on shell-shocked.org. other than that, don't know.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-08-21 01:32:47 link

Such resources do not exist right now, but work is in progress for a new dev site. Right now the best you can do is drop by #lsdev on irc.freenode.net. Though even there it can be quiet depending on the time of the day.

Posted by member 56818 on 2003-08-21 06:44:53 link

namaide: thank you, i hadn't. a little to tutorialised for my liking, but it'll do.

i guess i'll have to steam up the old brain cells and just look at the code and make sense of it. wish i was young and smart again.. =)

and if (when) i find myself in trouble i'll check out the #.

thank you and godspeed!

Posted by member 31 on 2003-08-21 21:56:00 link

There is an SDK on sourceforge for Litestep. Don't remember the url tho... maybe lssdk.sf.net ?

Posted by member 26267 on 2003-09-14 02:40:49 link

Umm I followed the tutorial but I can't get the UnixToDos utils to work properly so I can't use the source properly in vc++, the .dsw file has nothing in it! its just a completely empty workspace... help!!!