Bug report Thread last updated on 2003-08-15 07:38:38

Posted by member 45783 on 2003-08-15 02:18:03

Tried the 24.7 beta which came with omar's new installer.
Noticed these issues:

- Scripts (with pause?) may cause a crash
- Some windows' borders are not drawn

More specifically, my theme sports a small splash box which becomes visible when settings are changed and tells what was altered. After half a second it fades away. I also have a LSSlider box, which shows up when the user changes any volumes, and then fades away (delayed using !pause).
However, activating the scripts multiple (like 10-15) times in rapid succession craches litestep with an error box saying "!Bang has caused an error. Parameters ". Wonder if this has anything to do with there being numerous instances of the same script active at the same time.

The other problem is visible when not using your theme on top mode and maximizing a window. Sometimes the bottom part, which is not covered by actual screen borders, is not drawn at all and anything drawn on it is not erased either, causing a hall-of-mirrors -effect. This problem was also present in indie Litestep builds, and may not be LS related at all.

I have avoided these respectively by not fiddling with the scripts exessively and putting a small 4-pixel high box that is always on top where the screen bottom border should be. I'm posting this in hopes that people with more knowledge of windows and litestep innards had encountered likewise problems and have more elegant solutions they would like to share.

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-08-15 07:38:38 link

!Pause is to be avoided, especially for intense animations. Try to use timer.dll instead. Its timers provide much better performance although scripts usually have to be broken up and made more unclear when using them because of their nature of not making litestep 'sleep' when triggered, like !pause does.