LsBox/LSXCommand crashing? Thread last updated on 2003-08-09 22:27:52

Posted by member 12025 on 2003-08-09 10:29:41

I'm trying to do some things with my theme, and LsBox would make much of it easier, except that I can't get it to work--at least not with LSXCommand, and if I can't put LSXCommand in a box, there's no point in going to boxes in the first place.
I've got themes right here that use LSXCOmmand inside of an LsBox, but even copying images and code I can't get it work.
No matter how I go about it, when I try to create the box (either loading, or having a shortcut set to do it), my background goes white and litestep crashes.
What are the clandestine secrets to getting this to work? All my RCs are butchered now, having tried, failed, redownloaded my own theme and others, tried again, trying to fit things from my theme into to others (eventually to make it all mine)...but there's something I'm missing.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-08-09 11:08:35 link

what version of lsbox are u using? try upgrading/degrading.

Posted by member 12025 on 2003-08-09 14:51:13 link

2.95 or 3.0 (got both), depending on the theme parts being used. The thing is, it works fine in those themes...there's obviously something I'm doing wrong, but I can't find what specific thing is being done right.

Posted by member 202 on 2003-08-09 22:27:52 link

hrm...the only thing i can think of is make sure there are no tabs in your .box file whitespace. also, make sure you're using version 1.8.3 or later:
Version 1.8.3 (jesus_mjjg)
-------------
Bug Fixes
`````````
- If lsxcommand was loaded in a box, CommandStartHidden wouldn't work, now it does.

fwiw, my (working) settings: http://www.flatface.net/~namaide/neptune/lsxbox.txt. (does firebird try to render that text file as html--not monospace and preformatted--for anyone else?)