New popup options? Thread last updated on 2003-08-15 13:27:08

Posted by member 7991 on 2003-08-08 06:20:12

I've looked through a number of the popup modules documentation (the majority, if not all) and it seems that there is an option "missing". Personally, I'd like an option to be able to make the popup wait until it recieves a mouse click before it expands (and closes) folders. Maybe this is an option in one of the modules that I missed, but if it isn't, I'm surprised no one has done this yet. I'm sure you are all aware of how annoying it is when you are 6 levels deep in the popup, and your mouse slips...

Also, maybe this has already been done, but is there a way to set another popup to be 'pinned' besides the tasks popup? It would be great if you could right click to open the popup, then click and drag the popup to where you want... theeen you could still open another popup (even the same folder) and the first popup would still stay there until you manually closed it.

Posted by member 202 on 2003-08-08 06:57:58 link

use popup2.

from the 24.6 changes.txt:
- Added [popup2 / Sci / 2002-11-17]
    - Added PopupFolderHoverOpen . Defaults to true. If set to false, folders must be clicked to unfold submenus.

to pin a popup, either double-click the menu title or drag it away from the parent. double-click it again to close it (assuming PopupNoCloseButton is set).

Posted by member 7991 on 2003-08-08 07:10:26 link

Ahhh yes, I forgot about that option... but the problem with that is that when you move the cursor out of the popup folder, it closes. I would like it to wait until the parent folder recieved a mouse click, or the title was double clicked to close it.

And the problem when pinning a popup is this... say you pinned the "Shortcuts" folder, and then opened another popup ("Shortcuts'" parent), if you hover the cursor over the "shortcuts" entry, the pinned popup will disappear, and "shortcuts" will appear next to its parent folder. I would prefer if nothing happened at all when you hovered over a pinned popup's entry in its parent folder, or maybe another copy of the same folder could be popped up.

Posted by member 56267 on 2003-08-15 13:27:08 link

Liquid Circuit says right. The point is not the ability to unfold child-popup on hover/click its parent entry, rather the other way round - to close it just on click its parent popup.
I hate, if a whole popup-subtree collapses suddenly, if i move the pointer unintentionally out.

I found another drawback. If popup titles are set false and when browsing popup with arrow keys, try to utilize following sequence: select any folder entry --> hit Right key (to open child-popup). Now you can see, that the second entry (of child-popup) takes the focus instead the first.
Doesn't it refer to a local loop counter? I guess so :)