problem with VTrayOn Thread last updated on 2003-08-05 11:54:24

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-08-04 10:29:46

I'm trying to have my theme show/hide arrows to scroll through the system tray if needed, but it's not working. I probably have the syntax wrong, but from what I see in the readme, it SHOULD be right. It may not support greater than/less than functions, but I've also tried it with exact numbers. I've also tried it with the bangs encased in quotes, and also brackets, all nothing. anyone have any ideas? I have the arrows hidden at startup, and the commands below should be making them show.

*VTrayOn >6 !LabelArrowRightShow
*VTrayOn >6 !LabelArrowLeftShow

*VTrayOn

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-08-04 11:57:32 link

Enclose code in [code][/code] and use < for the less-than character when posting...

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-08-04 11:58:53 link

You may not be able to use *[Tray]On (alone) for showing scrolling arrows when needed, since this does not provide greater-than or less-than detection. I don't know of any use for these commands except for if they are applied for reasonably finite operations, in which case you could possibly not need another module (mzscript).

The best way to do this sort of thing is to use [Tray]OnAdd and [Tray]OnDel with mzscript'd bangs to increase or decrease an integer variable and then check that variable and execute the appropriate actions.
VTrayOnAdd !execute [!varadd trayicons 1][!tray_check]
VTrayOnDel !execute [!varadd trayicons -1][!tray_check]

*script bang !tray_check
*script gotoif ("%{trayicons}" > "6") showarrows
*script exec !ReplaceThisWithHowYouHideTheArrows
*script exit
*script label showarrows
*script exec !ReplaceThisWithHowYouShowTheArrows
*script ~bang

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-08-04 13:26:02 link

yeah, plus I was working with vendicator on (what I thought was) a different issue, and he just informed me that vtray doesn't have any logic included, so >#, and

Posted by member 37809 on 2003-08-04 16:07:31 link

I just thought about it (oii) and there is some use to *[Tray]On:
*VTrayOn 5 !hideArrows
*VTrayOn 7 !showArrows

This should work, right?

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-08-05 11:54:24 link

well, you would think so, but no. At least it doesn't for me. I've tried it with 1.04, as well as a pre-release build vendicator provided to me for testing purposes, and no go with either of them.