conv erting a old theme to a new standard..... Thread last updated on 2003-08-09 09:45:48

Posted by member 38669 on 2003-08-01 16:44:51

Well i have not posted here much. But I have been with litestep since the early days... :P

anyhow.....
i have the eclone or enlightenment theme.. the original.. u know when stuff used to be hard coded with no standard...

well i have cleaned it up a lot. I have variables set and the sort.

My big question is that i was reading the Theme Standard found here.... http://beyondconvention.net/ohussain/ots/creation.htm

is this the standard that I need to stick to? I havent touched litestep in about a year... and I am having problems figuring this stuff out. I have mostly my .rc files individually.....

example...
desktop2.rc
evars.rc
label.rc
popup2.rc
etc.......

this works... now do i need to change all of this around? cuz i am confused where all this stuff should go....

would popup2.rc be in personal?
what about the wharf?

here is a screenshot of the theme.....
http://68.45.114.100/telefragger.jpg

Posted by member 1 on 2003-08-01 17:13:43 link

popup2.rc is fine it just wouldn't have any *Popup lines in it. Wharf would need a full config since the OTS team decided it was dead enough not to standardize. You can keep your individual config files, they just go into $ThemeDir$config.

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-08-01 17:39:50 link

It would be good if you downloaded the installer and used it to install litestep somewhere, then you could see the OTS file structure which the default theme uses. Then you would know where to put everything for your conversion.

Posted by member 38669 on 2003-08-01 19:06:44 link

lol.... Mr_Goat....
I did that and that is what freaked me out... MADE ME GET LOST EVEN QUICKER!!!!

i will try and zip up my file and see if yall can download it and just tell me what you think i need to change....

not to do the work but give input... :)
TeleFragger

Posted by member 38669 on 2003-08-01 20:23:45 link

well i got what i could... cleaned it up of all help files and docs.. to get it to a small file....
tell me what you think...
http://68.45.114.100/telefragger.zip

p.s. i did have permission from the guy that created this old version of enlightenment for litestep.... i had it a few years ago.. cant find the email... grrr.. gotta search!!!!!

Posted by member 54377 on 2003-08-08 13:57:30 link

Love the Desktop... This worked fine for me right from the start.
How do I change the files in the apps and games?

Posted by member 38669 on 2003-08-09 09:42:50 link

there is an empty one..... just a screen...
use an editor and make your own.. i usually open others and copy out letters to get the long, underlined ones......

then when you click in the wharf... there is a blank for them too.... just get the icon out of the exe and paste it in there.......

so u like? glad it worked for ya.. so i guess i did it right... :)

anyhow.. i need to find a free icon extractor. I had one but cant find it anymore.... anyone got any ideas?

i also used to use lite step ice or something like that... it used to configure your rc file for ya b4 the theme standard... that used to open up exe files and extract out the icons.. made them nice then you just saved them........

if ya want i can re-zip up the theme.. i left out some stuff.. like all docs.... to get it to a smaller size....

Posted by member 38669 on 2003-08-09 09:45:48 link

if you wanna change them out entirely you can just edit the wharf.rc in Themes\TeleFragger\config

i fount it to work good using .png files instead of bmp's... keeps the files smaller...

this theme is one i liked and doesnt require alot of graphic designing... i suck at that.....