Popup effects Thread last updated on 2003-03-24 01:42:28

Posted by member 1286 on 2003-02-11 06:28:18

While grdTransparent is great and I use it all the time, I hope to see more effects added that can 'affect' any other module, such as:
* Themer definable blurring of whatever lies behind the module and is visible through the alpha (as seen in MagicMenu for the Amiga).
* Add drop shadows and similar per-pixel alpha effects to popups, bars, boxes and whatever.

Of course, the latter may be achieved with PNG images but for that to work we have to see 'step-wide' PNG support in the core.

I hope someone finds those ideas useful.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-02-11 09:11:11 link

i'm not sure but grdmagick might offer something along these lines... never used it myself though, that's just the impression i got from the readme.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-02-11 11:15:17 link

I wish we could also get popup drawing effects other than fade. :) I personally prefer the unrolling of the item instead of the long fade.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-02-11 19:03:36 link

The PNG support you want can't be implemented in the core, it has to be done in each module.

grdmagick can do some of these effects, but on the module's own windows, not on the background.

Posted by member 17654 on 2003-03-23 23:21:10 link

i'm a newbie and i'm trying to get my drop boxes to be transparent...without downloading someone else's entire theme. if anyone can point in in the direction ofo some kind of tutorial or something along those lines...

Posted by member 16509 on 2003-03-24 01:42:28 link

There's a windows-based program called WindowsFX which does all of this, works rather well, its part of Object Desktop. I use it in conjunction with LS because I like the window in and out and minimize functions (can have scrolling, fading, all kinds of neat effects), the shadowing doesnt apply to LS of course but the window animations and shadows do.