Confusion with Modules! Thread last updated on 2003-07-11 11:25:09

Posted by member 48588 on 2003-07-10 18:34:27

Hi, I've been using Litestep for a year or two but never got into heavy coding with it or anything, just loaded the theme and set my shortcuts... however, there are a lot of themes I download that won't load, I believe part of the problem is because I don't have all the right modules. So I was wondering what sites can I download modules from and how can I know what modules are a prerequisite for a theme? Thanks.

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-07-10 19:18:55 link

The themes come with the extra modules.

Posted by member 8918 on 2003-07-10 19:27:12 link

If they show up in the "load modules" section of the step.rc, and subsequent .rc's, they are prerequisite for that theme, and should be found in the theme's "modules" folder...if the theme doesn't come with a modules folder, go google.

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-07-10 19:54:10 link

I don't think a missing module will prevent a theme from loading. Instead you should get an error saying that it couldn't find the module.

If some themes are not loading then they may not contain a .thm file. And if you are using LSTS (the buggy version) to switch themes then this may be your problem.

Posted by member 31 on 2003-07-10 21:50:30 link

Posted by member 48588 on 2003-07-11 10:49:25 link

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies... I found a complete list of the modules from shellfront.org. Mr. Goat, apparently most of the themes don't come with all their modules because I downloaded the Noir theme and it was asking for the taskbar3.dll module, then I downloaded it from shellfront and put it in the theme's modules folder and that got rid of the error message, however, Litestep still crashed after the theme loaded but I think that's another problem that I'm going to start a new post for. Either way I keep getting a lot of missing module errors when loaded up themes ever since I changed my system around, so it probably has something to do with that.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-07-11 11:25:09 link

well, some themers have downloaded extra modules, place them into their litestep folder, and don't even think that the module isn't a standard component of Litestep. if you see a line in the theme's step.rc pointing to $litestepdir$xxxxx.dll, but your litestep folder doesn't contain that dll, that's probably what happened.