An escape sequence... Thread last updated on 2003-07-10 12:58:23

Posted by member 111 on 2003-07-10 08:06:06

Here will be some words about escape sequences - excuse me, if part of them already was written in this forum - I'm too lazy to read it all. :)
Some modules required for special symbols. Ok, we can say, that these symbols are too specific and direct way (to process escape sequences by LiteStep.exe) is too expensive (backward compatibility and other nice words :) ). Let the modules authors process their own ES. I agreed with someone who say these words (don't remember who was he...)
But the greatest limitation is that there are characters, required for internal Litestep purposes and for normal user work simulteniously. I'm about double quotas ('"'). I think you remember about problem with "hl.exe -console" and "mozilla -mail". The alone solution (to forget about $eVars$ and append command line swithces directly) isn't as good as possible (it is too useless, I think). Another crazy way - usage of quotes ' and doublequotes " in different sequence, isn't better.
So I propose to add the '"' character to Litestep variables. How? Ok, if we want to save the compatibility, there is a nice method, used in Basic - to interpretate double doublequotes %) as single characters, and single doublequotes - as internal symbol (terminator) for .rc's strings...
May be it is hard to realize this change, but it will be very usefull.
So what do you think about it?

Posted by member 99 on 2003-07-10 12:58:23 link

How would double double quotes be better than using mixed single and double quotes? And how about square brackets?