Problems!!! Thread last updated on 2004-07-22 09:42:19

Posted by member 47522 on 2003-07-06 17:36:06

when i start LiteStep, i first get an error message, and when i try to quit litestep, windows just freezes and i have to reboot. when i press change theme (or shell, whatever) in config menu the same thing happens. please help, nothing works as it should...

can i get some advice about making my own shell?

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-07-06 17:55:13 link

Making your own shell is a piece of cake.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-07-07 10:21:16 link

I get an error message each time my computer starts up. Do you know how to fix it? Probably not since you don't know what the error is. :) Please paste the error message you get here and we'll try to find a solution. ;)

Posted by member 910 on 2003-07-08 23:03:41 link

for anyone reading this, quick lesson. when you have a problem with litestep, there are some things to keep in mind.

if you get error messages, type up all error messages and put them into your post.

describe everything that is happening as precisely as you can, and when it is happening as precisely as you can. does it happen during startup or shutdown, does it happen during specific programs starting up or exiting. Does LS freeze, do windows freeze, does the entire computer freeze. Does the ctrl+alt+F1 menu still work or not work, does ctrl+alt+del work or not work.

What is it that isn't working, how are you trying to Quit litestep (via popup, lsxcommand, hotkey, taskmgr).

Is it a specific module that this seems to be happening with. Unload and load specific modules until you find out which one(s) seem to be the culprit.

Everyone here generally likes to help, but in order to help they must have as much information as you can give them.

Posted by member 184226 on 2004-07-21 19:05:58 link

When I try to update the austerity build i get this message??

LiteStepDir found: [C:\LiteStep]
UpdateBuild running from: [C:\LiteStep\utilities\UpdateBuild.exe]
parameter to UpdateBuild: []

link to latest build: http://leaf.terica.net/software/releases/lscore/LS-0.24.7-RC1.zip
INSTALL: will attempt to install build from archive: [http://leaf.terica.net/software/releases/lscore/LS-0.24.7-RC1.zip]

ERROR: attempt to download latest build failed (HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found), exiting

build was not installed

Posted by member 31 on 2004-07-22 09:42:19 link

That's nice. If you were wondering why that is happening, then read your own post, and you'll find the answer.