Still need help..please. Thread last updated on 2003-07-02 17:56:14

Posted by member 44988 on 2003-07-02 16:50:37

Earlier today I wrote the following :

"I recently downloaded a Litestep theme, can't remember the name though, something with o. ( I haven't got the strenght too run through all of the themes again :) )

Well anyways, I executed the theme using OS ( i'snt that the name ? ) and I decided to boot my computer. But, the computer didn't execute my new LiteStep theme, and so I am "Stuck" in a wallpaper screen. My Powerstrip, MSN and my ICQ works fine, but I can't see my desktop only my wallpaper.

So what do I do ? Do I boot from my windows CD ( haven't got it around right now ) or do I... ? Can't I execute my browserwindow using "hotkeys" and then delete LiteStep, and use windows ?

Please help."

Then, your Admin devilboi wrote this in response :

"There are 50 threads on this...also there is even a sticky thread on this...so LOOK!"

I am truly sorry, but I am not familier with the term "sticky" thread ? Is that a permenant thread that I can read so I can get help ?

And also I have looked all over the forums to get help, and I couldn't find it, so I decided too ask, is that a crime ? I don't mean to be disrespecting you, because I love the things you are doing for the cummunity, and liteStep really r0xers my b0xers.

But still my problem remains, I can't _access_ my computer, it's BLANK, I can only see my wallpaper. And when I press alt + ctrl + del, I can only see the programs running, LiteStep being on off them. I have even tried to close them all, didn't help.
I noticed that everybody else with a similiar problem can access their computers ? How i ask ?

I just need a link or something too help me with the problem, please help, I don't mean too be rude by posting another, - as you might call it, "lame thread"..

But please help me, I really need to acces my computer..

Sorry about this mess..

Posted by member 44988 on 2003-07-02 17:04:50 link

Found out what to do, luckely you have installed a safty backup on LiteStep.. You just press ctrl + alt + F1, I had tried that before, didn't work, but somehow it did this time. Magic or something.. Anyway, you can do whatever you want with this topic, and you were right devilboi, I did find the answer in the forum.. Thanks for the help..
You were right, I was wrong, your the smart one, I am the stupid one.. blah blah, thanks though :)

Posted by member 1 on 2003-07-02 17:56:14 link

its not about being the smart one...its about being able to use the tools you are presented. If you would have searched for the word Blank you would have found 3 threads containing the word blank or if you would have searched posts you would have found 21. Now...I can say with confidence that 99% of those threads had your fix in them.