Help needed on 2 things Thread last updated on 2003-06-30 18:30:17

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-28 16:23:53

First problem is i want my thumb buttons on my Logitech MX 500 to work as back forward in IE. i tried running mouse properties and then selecting okay, but it seems to just make it go between windows even though it is set as back and forward in the mouse prperties.

Also i want to make it so that i when i doubleclick on the system clock label in my theme it will execute the Date and Time program just like in explorer.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-28 16:27:02 link

DoubleClick can be set in your label pretty easy...just read the docs on that. As to your mouse problem...no klew.

Posted by member 910 on 2003-06-28 22:13:35 link

"control.exe timedate.cpl" should bring up the date and time applet (if anyone's wondering, control panel programs are generally referred to as "applets", or such is my understanding. if someone has a different perception, please let me know)

the mouse buttons. do more testing. do the mouse buttons work correctly under explorer with the same settings, or do they do the same as they do under litestep? litestep should, ideally, have nothing to do with the mouse button problem.

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-28 23:50:29 link

the mouse buttons worked perfectly as defined in the drivers before i switched to litestep. teh weird thing is the otehr 3 extra buttons (its an 8 button mouse) all work as defined. its just the ones that would be defined as mouse 4 and 5 dont work as set in the drivers.

i tried what pika suggested for the time date thing

exact code line

timelabelonleftdoubleclick !Execute ["control.exe timedate.cpl"]

and it doesnt work. if any one has it working could you please post your line of code.

edit: im using XP Pro SP1 if that makes a difference

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-28 23:55:57 link

dump !Execute and you should be ok...

TimeLabelOnLeftDoubleClick control.exe timedate.cpl

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-29 11:22:07 link

thanks, works perfectly.

is there a way to define the back and forward functions of IE in litestep like:

mouseclick4 back
mouseclick5 forward

?

prolly in the hotkeys file i would guess.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-30 08:15:26 link

that happened to me before. I think the theme I was using had it hardcoded in that the back/forward buttons on my intellimouse explorer went back one vwm/forward one vwm. Is that the same thing that's happening to you? Also, does this happen with every theme, or just one/certain ones?

Posted by member 7 on 2003-06-30 14:23:18 link

!Execute ["control.exe timedate.cpl"]

By the way, the most likely reason why this didn't work is that you put the entire string inside the brackets in "" quotes. timedate.cpl is the parameter and not part of the executable's name. These should have worked fine:
!Execute [control.exe timedate.cpl]
!Execute ["control.exe" timedate.cpl]

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-30 14:33:14 link

thanks for the input all. the theme im using is a custom designed theme that im just trying to iron the bugs out of before i release it. the mouse thing is one of the bugs. my hotkeys file has nothing that even touches those mouse buttons. i also checked all the other files i could find that may have had anything to do with mouse buttons and no go. i guess i will have to live with it for now.

on a new line of thought, is there a way to define a changable variable like x = 0 and then when i do something x becomes 1. i want to do this so i can use variables to store the state of the several different toggleable objects like my rainmeter. ie rainmeter hidden x = 0, when i use the hotkey or shortcut x = 1 and rainmeter is visible. this way i can have shortcuts and hotkeys to control these functions without having them conflict.

Posted by member 3993 on 2003-06-30 16:40:51 link

For the back and forth mouse button, try installing Microsoft's intellimouse at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp, Although not needed under explorer (most mouse handling is built-in the shell) this should help having the "standard" mouse behaviors work in LS.
Regarding variables, you can use mzscript.dll to set variables and write advanced scripts (See the docs).

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-30 17:39:05 link

i use a logitech mouse, but the idea stays the same, i downloaded the newest version of the mouseware drivers from logitech (9.76 for those that use logitech mice too) and the buttons work wonderfully.

Posted by member 17080 on 2003-06-30 18:30:17 link

mzscript has solved my other problems. soon my theme will be ready for release.