How To Delite a post?? Thread last updated on 2003-06-27 18:44:38

Posted by member 45075 on 2003-06-25 13:11:38

Hi!

I posted anather question here befor but then i noticed that the exact same question was right under, so now i wonder how to delite one of my posts??

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-25 13:58:02 link

delite? I'm assuming you mean delete. and I don't think you can. devilboi??

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-25 15:39:11 link

Nope...no delete for users.

Posted by member 45075 on 2003-06-26 12:57:23 link

ok, to bad if youre posting whitout tinking. But thx for the answers!

Posted by member 424 on 2003-06-26 14:54:07 link

umn.. you know you can always edit right!? OR better yet, think before you post!

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-26 16:01:37 link

tuxpow3r, come one. be sensible. you know THAT'S not gonna happen! ;)

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 16:30:26 link

I think you guys are being pretty mean and it seems to me that he doesnt speak very good english and is just wanting to use litestep, thats not a big deal or maybe im just weird.

Posted by member 424 on 2003-06-26 16:42:01 link

I think you guys are being pretty mean and it seems to me that he doesnt speak very good english...

How is telling someone to think before they post being mean!? And I'm sick and tired of everyone always using the fact that someone doesn't speak good English as an excuse for everything else!?

I mean come on, what does being able to speak good English has to do with common sense!? I don't consider myself being able to speak good English because it's not my first language, but, I believe I can still manage to think about what I want to ask or say before I start to type.

Sorry if this offends anyone, not meant to really, but I just gotta get that off of my chest :-p

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 16:46:01 link

Well seeing some of the more knowlegeable and respected people on these boards making fun of and going at some guy who doesnt really know what hes doing pisses me off. I thought for a while this community was different from all the others, i guess im wrong.

Posted by member 424 on 2003-06-26 16:54:00 link

But that's a different issue entirely, not knowing what to do with LiteStep is different from not using common sense because someone " is not able to speak good English".

And yes, I do agree with you on the fact that some people in this community (or any community of this genre) are just being practically amnesic, otherwise they would have remembered that they also, at one point in time, used to be a n00b!

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 17:10:04 link

Well the reason i mentioned the bad english is because the whole string of comments and jokes were started because of his spelling of delete. Tell me how that has nothing to do with bad english.

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 17:18:41 link

My point is that if people would stop making fun of his spelling and refusing to answer his question then we would have a much better community but im not sure i want to be a part of this community where the simplest of questions get made fun of.

Posted by member 424 on 2003-06-26 17:23:02 link

delite? I'm assuming you mean delete. and I don't think you can. devilboi??

Well, if you were referring to the above, I don't see any jokes in that, more of a clarifying statement if you ask me! As a matter of fact the only reply resembling a joke in this entire thread is this:
tuxpow3r, come one. be sensible. you know THAT'S not gonna happen! ;)

But he set himself up for that!! The worst thing he could have said was:
ok, to bad if youre posting whitout tinking. But thx for the answers!

So, please tell me where, if any, in this thread was anyone being mean to this guy!?

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 17:29:01 link

Read the first two posts and tell me they arent making fun of his spelling and his question. It seems obvious to me that he meant delete but dues decided he had to bring that up. Its not the first time ive seen him do things like that. Then devilboi says theres no deleting for users. To tell you the truth i didnt even have a problem with your comment but i dont mind standing up for whats right.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-26 17:42:27 link

now how did my reply get ropped into this if its ok? why didn't you just say the first post and the forth?

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-26 17:48:16 link

Tuxpow3rs post didnt bother me, yours did.

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-26 17:51:31 link

There is no way for a user to delete a post. How else is something like that supposed to be said?

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-06-27 03:00:09 link

well, i read the whole thread and i think someone here (no names) misunderstood the guy a little. when saying "ok, to bad if youre posting whitout tinking", he/she meant that if anyone posts a thread without a reason, it's his/her own fault and he/she can't delete it anymore. so nothing offending in that post.
if i'm wrong just ignore me :P

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-27 08:08:18 link

hmm. seems as how I apparently started this whole tirade with my initial post, I guess I might as well (finally) post a reply in my defense. Ok, the first post was NOT a crack on the guy. I actually WAS just making sure he meant to type delete. Now, my 2nd post, THAT was a crack. But not really against NES_boy. I have NOTHING against him. That was actually pointed at the type of people that post things like "where do you download litestep? I'm a newbie, so forgive me for not using my brain and actually LOOKING for it". or, "I just installed litestep, and now my desktop is gone!? what the he11?! litestep sucks!! I'm going to uninstall it!!" THOSE are the type of people I was referring to. And unless if NES_boy actually did post a thread like that (which I don't think he has), then my joke has nothing to do with him, it just happened to be posted in his thread.

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-06-27 08:52:59 link

delite ? Groove is in the heaaaart. Yeaaaahhhh !!!

More Seriously; I think this forum is getting boring. Nobody has something interesting to post.
There's only newbies that didn't read anything before posting things like:
- eh ! I can't go back to explorer. Help...
- Pliz, help me making my own popup. I can't find any doc about it...

Of course I've been a newbie, too. Two years ago, when I have no internet connection and no way to ask people to do the job for me.

Sorry NES_Boy, it's not against you. But this forum is getting more and more BORING

Posted by member 39367 on 2003-06-27 18:44:38 link

If you were clarifying what else could he have meant by "delite" other than delete? Otherwise you were clarifying a word that doesnt need clarification.