Glaze 1.1 systray problem Thread last updated on 2003-06-26 08:41:24

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-24 13:44:30

ok, Glaze apparently cuts off 1 systray icon. I should be seeing 5 right now: icq, an in-house management program app's icon, norton, winamp, and trillian. however, I only see 4 (the ones listed before minus trillian). now, if I get an e-mail or an icq (both of which I have set to put an icon into the systray), then trillian will show, but the icq/outlook icon won't. I looked at the code for a second, but I don't know the commands drworm used(they're not listed in the systray2 readme). Here it is:
SystrayCurrentWidth 0
SystrayX $Divide04X+Divide04Width$
Systraywidth $resolutionX-SystrayX-CornerBottomRightWidth$

Posted by member 42034 on 2003-06-24 14:57:46 link

I have post and fix this problem already six minutes after you post, go to the Glaze 1.1 download page and look for my second post... I am just too lazy to post the same thing twice... ^_^;;

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-06-24 18:37:43 link

I wonder if the cause of this problem is when there are few icons in the system tray? The problem is that the label with "GLAZE" on it overlaps the system tray. The width of the label calculated using the current width of the systray. As the systray shrinks and grows so does the label. I don't understand how one PC can give the correct width for the systray and another PC won't. This makes me think it's a possible bug with systray2 not with the code I have used. If anyone believes differently then please let me know why.

The systray is defined differently depending on what resolution you are running. If you are running a res greater than 1024 x 768 then the systray width will automatically shrink and grow as icons are added and removed. If you are running a res equal to or less than 1024 x 768 then the systray width will be hard set. From what you've described I'm going to assume you are running a res greater then 1024.

If you are consistantly missing one icon then there is an easy work around.
- Open the base.rc from the config folder
- Near the bottom of the file find the line that defines Divide04Width. Note that it exists in two places. We want to modify the formula for the first one.
- Modify the formula to subtract 20. It should look like this: $resolutionX-SystrayCurrentWidth-Divide04X-CornerBottomRightWidth+1-20$
- Below this section there are two lines beginning with SystrayOnAdd and SystrayOnDel. For both of these subtract 20 from the formula for the width. The new width should look like this: ^@#d^Divide04TotalWidth-SystrayCurrentWidth-20^@#d^
- Save and recycle the theme.

That should do the trick. If you get any little gaps or overlaps then subtract a smaller or larger value than 20 as needed.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-25 07:52:16 link

bingo. you're a genius doc. ;)

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-25 08:55:56 link

Another problem (sorry!). The systray is growing correctly, as needed, now. However, it's not shrinking correctly. For instance, I get an icq, and the icq message icon appears in my systray. after I click on it and read the message, the icon dissappears. however, the space used by the icon is now blank-I can see the wallpaper, instead of the glaze label growing back to re-cover that area. Any idea? oh, btw, recycling fixes the problem, but I'm getting e-mails and icq's all day here at work, so recycling every 5 minutes is gonna get real old, real quick. :( Everything else works great with the theme, just these systray problems. :(

Posted by member 2112 on 2003-06-25 18:19:44 link

Hmmm... this really sounds like a glitch with systray not reporting the correct value for sytraycurrentwidth. So I guess I would have to recommend downloading the latest version of systray. You might want to undo those changes just to make sure.

If this makes no difference then try modifying the formula for the width of Divide04 for SystrayOnDel again. I think maybe 20 pixels should be added not subtracted - ^@#d^Divide04TotalWidth-SystrayCurrentWidth+20^@#d^

I'm pretty sure that should correct it. But if it doesn't just mess around with the value of this offset and see what effect it has.

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-26 08:41:24 link

+20 seems to do it. thanks again doc. :) I'm fine with the normal configs, but all these formula's are way beyond me.