Startup programs not loading Thread last updated on 2003-06-24 08:10:04

Posted by member 44111 on 2003-06-23 14:02:11

Hey everyone, I need a bit of help,

My startup programs don't seem to load - this is especially important, since I use a firewall. I was able to force LDE-X to run the firewall, upon bootup, and my normal explorer.exe shell also has no problems loading it, however, when I use indiestep, it doesn't show on the ctrl-alt-del box, nor does it load, at all, as there is no icon in the system tray.

I am using the latest beta release of indiestep. Is there any code I could use, to force my step.rc file, to load my firewall?

All help greatly appreciated!

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-23 14:47:33 link

I was having the same problem with microsoft intellipoint. it was in my registry, but it wouldn't start. in this case, I had to put in the entire path to the file (the file was in c:\program files\microsoft hardware\mouse, which is normally not included in the system path, but the registry was only trying to start point32.exe, instead of the whole path. check that out first. if that doesn't work, put a shortcut to the program in your startup folder.

Posted by member 44111 on 2003-06-23 16:28:18 link

Thanks very much for the help, the whole path was included, but not listed in my registry, only on msconfig (I am using Win98SE) however, sticking a shortcut in the startup folder worked a treat, so I guess that has sorted things out!

Thanks again for the help!

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-24 08:10:03 link

no prob