Changing Background image Thread last updated on 2003-06-22 21:45:35

Posted by member 44212 on 2003-06-22 05:03:58

Im new to this but i am trying to learn, i have tried and experimented with this and completely messed my PC up...lol...Im using XP, i have it installed and i would like to change the background image, once i have learnt how to do this i will experiment further with different options. Thank you for your time, at the moment i am using the default shell that comes with Omars download.

I know HTML and JAVASCRIPT,Im also an advanced graphics editor for a few sites and an HTML editor. is it anything like them at all?

Posted by member 12343 on 2003-06-22 13:25:07 link

I presume you mean change the wallpaper? You can just go into the Theme Switcher (LSTS.exe - link should be in your popup) and change the wallpaper in there.

If you want to have a keyboard shortcut or popup for eg to change between wallpapers in a particular directory, you could try lswchanger.dll (avail from loose-screws.com etc) which you would load by putting

LoadModule "$LitestepDir$lswchanger.dll" in the step.rc file (the one for the theme) with all the other LoadModule lines, then adding
*wallpaper .center c:\windows(or whatever) somewhere below.

Obviously don't forget to put lswchanger.dll in your litestep directory ;)

Add a keyboard shortcut say
*Hotkey CTRL RIGHT !wallpaper .change
in the Hotkeys.rc file and follow the readme file's directions to optimise. :P

Posted by member 44212 on 2003-06-22 14:18:15 link

Thank you sooo much wbaggins, you have helped me ALOT!

Posted by member 1 on 2003-06-22 16:21:58 link

Don't forget that using the Display Properties in the Control Panel still works.

Posted by member 910 on 2003-06-22 21:45:35 link

which you can access via "control.exe desk.cpl" if you have to.