lsbox and drag & drop Thread last updated on 2003-06-21 22:57:51

Posted by member 35747 on 2003-06-20 23:38:37

Hi,
I have one box make with lsbox, and sometime, when i tried to drag it (the box i mean), all my ls freeze, i have to kill the ls process and restart it.

I don't know what is that, i use the lastest version of lsbox, 2.95.

Oh i forgot, contain a lable, 2 shortcut (made with lsbox), taskbar3.dll ans systray2.dll, all the lastest version.

i'm sure it's not a memory hole.... what it can be...

thx to reply

Posted by member 910 on 2003-06-21 21:22:15 link

try taking modules out of the box until it stops doing that. that is, don't load systray2.dll and see if it still freezes things up, put systray2 back in and then take taskbard3 out and see if it freezes up, etc. if it stops after removing a specific module, then that will tell you it must be a problem with that module. once you've done that, you'll have to try to figure out if it's that module alone, or that module and lsbox, so load that module by itself, not inside lsbox. (that particular step may be overkill, if you say it happens only when you drag the box, but it doesn't hurt to check)

once you figure out which module it is, you can either try different versions of that module or find a replacement for that module.

if you remove all modules, and the lsbox still causes dragging, try loading the box with different combinations of modules, see if it happens to be two modules interacting with each other inside the box or something like that.

if it freezes with no modules loaded, try removing the shortcuts and see if perhaps that has something to do with it.

these are steps you should take any time you encounter a problem like this, as they will help you to narrow it down quite a bit. at the moment, it's anyone's guess as to what it is, unless someone else has had the exact same problem (which seems to be fairly unlikely in my experience).

Posted by member 35747 on 2003-06-21 22:57:51 link

thx pika,
i'll try it after my work
but for the moment... i can drag it without problem :S stange...