Drag & Drop Walkthrough... Thread last updated on 2003-06-21 22:42:54

Posted by member 42034 on 2003-06-20 04:56:15

After seeing the same problem mentioned over and over again everyweek, I have decided to do a little walkthrough over a little trick you can do to have drag and drop on your Litestep desktop. No matter what theme you have downloaded you can do this, I have tested it on a few types of themes so do try it again word for word before you complain.

1. First install the theme, and I guess you are good enough for that right??? If not read the "Doc" section.

2. Then download "deskfolder" and "jdesk", they are available in the download section.

3. Open up step.rc in the Litestep dir with a text editor, notepad is a good choice for everyone.

4. Disable desktop2.dll by adding ; at the start of the line. And load the two modules you just downloaded.

5. Use "deskfolder" for the left side for the desktop, make sure you have "folder(desktop)" in the command line.

6. Then use "jdesk" for the right side of the desktop, make sure you set the folder to "c:\windows\desktop" on windows 98, or if you are using xp then set it for the user you are using.

7. Beware this only works for the resolution you set on, when you change screen resolution, change the step.rc as before.

Now you can drag and drop on the right side of the desktop, and it will display the items on the left hand side of the desktop. And "deskfolder" will display the normal explorer icons too. If there are any more problems I will edit this post for a more detailed guide... And again please don't complain unless you tried it a couple of times and it still doesn't work.

Posted by member 110 on 2003-06-20 09:34:08 link

Yeah I do the same but I prefer Icondesk.dll

Posted by member 910 on 2003-06-21 22:42:54 link

this is an excellent tutorial. you should write it up in html form and upload it somewhere, and post a link to it in the tutorials thread. or, at the very least, post a link in that thread to this thread.