QUESTION: Maximized Windows always follow me... Thread last updated on 2003-06-20 12:04:30

Posted by member 9210 on 2003-06-06 02:18:25

Greetings!

I've been around here for a while, but never posted. Now I have a problem.

I've installed litestep on this computer for over half a year now (I used litestep on my old computer too). Ever since I have litestep on this computer with XP Professional, I have a problem of maximized windows will follow me to the desktop I go.

This does not happen in every case, this happen ONLY when I go to the desktop(s) to the RIGHT or to the desktop(s) BELOW. It doesn't matter if I go to the next desktop or no matter how many desktop I jump it still happens. Even when I switch to the desktop in the Downward-Right-hand direction, the maximized windows follow me!

Even more strange is that, the non-maximized windows stay where they were, only the maximized ones follow me to whichever desktop I go to.

This does NOT happen when I go Left or go Up, nor does it happen when I go in the Left-Upward direction.

I've tried re-installing, getting the latest indie build, closing every single program (to see if it's something conflicting) other than one maximized window, switching to a different theme, etc. Nothing... the problem persists.

I've been enduring this problem for as long as I've installed LiteStep on this computer, now I'm really fed up with it, so I ask. =)

Thanks in advance!!

Posted by member 99 on 2003-06-06 04:57:52 link

Posted by member 10398 on 2003-06-18 22:12:56 link

i'm also having this problem but it is when i go left/right. didn't notice that it was with maximized proggies only but now that you mentioned it....
which build of litestep/vwm are you using?

rabidcow: uh, yeah, that helps :P

Posted by member 9210 on 2003-06-18 22:51:03 link

I am using whatever the latest indie build is. I'm not too sure

Posted by member 42034 on 2003-06-19 13:14:56 link

I am having the same problem, sometimes when I change theme it works fine again. Upon further investigation I can sum up either it is a bug in VWM, or error in coding within the config files of the theme (easy to fix). However it shouldn't be windows XP, because I have 98, 2000 and XP pro and I tried them all. Sometimes it happens and sometimes not, since it is not a big issue I just ignor it most of the time...

Posted by member 27450 on 2003-06-19 13:50:44 link

I've never had this problem, but a friend of mine with an almost identical setup did. For him it went away when he installed Windowblinds.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-06-20 10:52:28 link

it's caused by xp's different styles! that's all. if you like maximizing your windows then use the classical style.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-06-20 12:04:30 link

Some applications (DevStudio) will do this on other OS's. afaik, XP w/ styles is the only place where it happens to all windows.