Problem with splash screen Thread last updated on 2003-07-01 09:45:36

Posted by member 39024 on 2003-06-04 15:40:31

I used litestep about a year or so ago on win 98 and had no problems at all, when I upgraded to XP I couldnt be bothered to faff about getting it to work so I stuck with explorer (which was stable enough now anyhow).

Anyway recently I've got bored with explorer and gone back to litestep but I've got problems with my virus checker, pc-cillin 2000, when the real time scanning program loads a splash screen shows up, normally it dissapears after a couple of seconds but with litestep it doesnt! (It didnt do this a year ago when I was using LS) It appears as a task if I use Alt-Tab but doesnt show up in the task bar. The only way to get rid of it is to use the task manager to kill the real time scanning program, but obviously I'd rather be able to keep it running. Thankfully it doesnt force itself ontop of other windows but it is clutter on my desktop.. Anyone had similar problems or know how to fix it? I'd rather not have to get another virus checker cos I've had no problems (till now) with this one, and my license is still giving me free pattern updates.

Posted by member 39024 on 2003-06-04 15:42:16 link

oh, just remembered, if I use !minimizewindows it is minimised along with all the other windows, so running that bang after it has loaded is a sort of hack to get rid of it, but of course it comes back if I do restore all and I'd rather get rid of it properly,

ahh, and just noticed, if I maximise something then get rid of it the bottom left corner of the desktop doesnt refresh.. so the splash is obviously hiding down there..

Posted by member 39024 on 2003-07-01 09:45:36 link

Ok, I worked out how to fix it.. pc-cillin 2000 came out before XP so I have the NT version. It didnt give me any problems when I was using explorer. But, I've changed compatibility to NT4 for the program and now the problem is gone