Taskbar 3 problems Thread last updated on 2003-06-07 01:45:13

Posted by member 8104 on 2003-06-02 15:35:37

I tried searching threads and web pages for this and didn't find anything, but if there is a thread or online tutorial about it, just let me know and that'd be great!

I am using LS 0.24.6 with a modified Simplicity (I'm still working on modifying it).

I wanted to make it so that when people IM me in an already created window I would know without having to watch the window, so I set it up so that TaskButtonFlash and TaskbarFlashScrollLock are true. The problem is that everytime Winamp goes to the next song, it's considered an update, and it and the scroll lock flash. I've found the description on how to use *TaskbarNoFlash and *TaskbarNoScroll, and the descriptions of exactly what they do, to be rather ambiguous. Any help there?

The other problem is that when I swith desktops non-minimized tasks disappear from the taskbar now. I remember finding something in the taskbar3 doc about that, but I can't seem to find it anymore, and I know I wouldn't have taken it out. It behaved that way a few times a long while ago, then was good for about forever, then, after I had gotten it most of the set up the way I wanted, went back to doing it. I tried retracing back to find what caused it, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-02 16:12:05 link

The only one I'm sure about here is with the apps only appearing on one desktop. now, this is actually a function of the vwm module. look for this entry: VWMHideTaskOnSwitch. you can either set it to false, or delete it. then, all apps should show up in the taskbar, regardless of window state.

Posted by member 8104 on 2003-06-02 16:39:40 link

Thanks, duece!!! I knew I had seen that somewhere, I just couldn't remember where for the life of me.

Now the problem is that it is set to false...

Posted by member 1316 on 2003-06-03 12:52:10 link

well, make sure that the module you're using actually supports that switch. and make sure it's spelled correctly.

Posted by member 8104 on 2003-06-05 20:20:58 link

well, it's decided to behave correctly on that issue, but there's still the other issue of how to use *TaskbarNoFlash and *TaskbarNoScroll.

Posted by member 8104 on 2003-06-07 01:45:13 link

An update... I think I've figure out how to use the two functions. I have them in there as:

*TaskbarNoFlash Winamp playlist
*TaskbarNoScroll Winamp playlist

now, I think I've gotten it to take those two items on the list, but here are two problems:
1) when the playlist updates, the scroll lock light stays on. I can get it to turn off by hitting scroll lock, but as soon as I release, it comes back on.
2) I can't seem to get it to list internet explorer windows as well...

Any help?