lstm Thread last updated on 2003-05-31 14:11:57

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-05-29 13:38:31

Since LSTM is out with version 1.2 for a few days, I start this thread and hope someone (many) will answer.
If you don't know what i'm talking about look at the start page ;-)

We just want to know what you think:
Praise, complaints, suggestions, wishes, bugs, spelling corrections, and so on ...
Because if no one had any more wishes or suggestion what to add, it'll stay at version 1.2; maybe thats enough!

The other thing is, that you can translate LSTM to your language (if you have some spare time).
Because this is quite a bunch of strings to translate the whole thing, we think about the possibility that you only
must translate the dialog and main strings and not the TOOLTIPS (which are the bigger part and sometimes quite useless).
If someone is interested post it here, we'll answer you.

That's all, hope there will be some replies
Thanks Your LS-Universe Team

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-05-30 01:28:15 link

when i load my settings (for example tasks) in a dialog and apply them, the old settings are not replaced, but the new ones just appear at the bottom. is it supposed to be that way, cause i'd like if the old settings were replaced?

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-05-30 06:49:20 link

We also thought about that feature and I hope it will be possible in the next version. but it is a lot of work, because we have search and replace each setting for each dialog in the main window, so this will take a little time to include this. but I think will do this.
For now it is ok to copy the new settings and replace with the old :)

I hope you still enjoy the tool :D

Posted by member 8918 on 2003-05-30 08:54:40 link

Small bug I found the first time I checked it out. I opened my theme step.rc and looked it over. When I went to close the LSTM it gave the option to save my step, I clicked ok, and the option to save came up again, so I clicked ok again and it saved the default LSTM verbage as my step.rc...thankfully I had a backup copy of my original. Wanted to point it out, I really am certain it was not my error...

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-05-30 10:07:13 link

If you have opend more than one steps (preset and your own) it'll ask for all files to save. so if you saves your own step in your folder back, and later the next preset with the same path, sure it will overwrite the existing.

The save and saveas works, but it is not perfect. we'll work on that.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-05-30 10:37:15 link

another small bug: you can't use negative coordinates in tasks iconx & y tho they are needed, cause negative ones are special values for the edges and centre.

Posted by member 8918 on 2003-05-31 08:43:07 link

Thanks ls-universe, that is just what happened. I will watch out for that in the future...LOL!

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-05-31 08:45:52 link

Thanks for reporting i'll fix this with the next version. Till then you and any ohters must insert it by hand.
Oldschool style ;-)

also in the next version is the setting replacement integrated.

Posted by member 1783 on 2003-05-31 13:50:26 link

nice :)
it's really groovy you're makin' so great program.
keep up the good work ;)

Posted by member 32550 on 2003-05-31 14:11:57 link

thanks a lot :)

so, we're right now on fixing the reported bugs (and also add the replacement ;) ) with a little luck it will be soon released, but right now, I'm also creating a new theme which is very hard for me, because I'm not the graphical master, so I spent a lot of time to do that stuff. but don't worry, I'm multitasking compatible *ggg*

We'll keep you updated :)