Oh God, Somebody Just Read This!!!! Thread last updated on 2003-05-26 15:45:42

Posted by member 15580 on 2003-05-26 14:30:07

OK, I realize that this has been writen on before. But I need to here it for myself in the Queen's English. I know that Litestep is more than just a theme switcher. I don't know what bangs and modules are. Ok you're all laughing at me but I don't care. I mean I would like to know what these things are (If anyone wants to explain them to me feel free, but do so in plain English.) My deal is that everytime I switch my theme from singularity EVERYTHING GOES BLANK!!!! Now I've combed through the archives (a no. of people have had this problem)and something that keeps coming up is that the LSTS has a bug and to go get a newer version. If this is the problem please tell me so (Y/N). And where do I go to get the newer build. 'Cuz I keep downloading everything but nothing works. I love the options this thing gives to you (except the fact the windows explorer is what I have to use to look at my files, I have TOns of folders & it takes forever.). OK I'll shutup now. Just help me, please.

Puddhe

Posted by member 3116 on 2003-05-26 15:41:12 link

http://home.pacbell.net/kache2k/LSExplaination.html

This is the new home of LiteStep Explained (originally on ls2k.org). This is LiteStep in plain english. when you're done reading this. Read the LSdocs (in the litestep dir on your HD), that'll tell you how everything generally needs to be set up. Then read the readme.txt in the downloaded zip file, to see if you need any special instructions. IF you're then STILL having issues. Email me, and I'll do my best to help you, but i'll expect you to have read the materials first. Capiche?

Posted by member 8918 on 2003-05-26 15:45:42 link

He he he...don't feel bad. LiteStep takes some getting used to. I suggest you make certain the theme's that don't work are OTS compliant first of all. Check the readme file, then, check that the ".thm" file in the theme folder has the following line "step.rc" and it is exactly like that. Some themes end up with it saying something like "stttep.rc" so the LSTS or LSCP can't read where or what the theme's step.rc file is. Might be something to do with your computer operating system, what kind of setup do you use? How much memory, what type of processor, etc...

Hope this helps...and don't be afraid to ask for help, there are a bunch of great folks on this site...